top of page



When filling out the Client Questionnaire below, ensure that you take a picture of and upload all the documents that apply to your situation. Open each section and check the supporting documents.

  • Prior year tax return copies
    If you are a new client, please email us ( copies of your last 3 years federal and state income tax returns to your tax appointment. It's not required but we will review them for FREE, and we may be able to amend mistakes/omissions getting you back additional refunds.
  • Personal & dependent information
    • Drivers License or State ID • Social Security or ITIN Numbers with date of births for anyone who’ll be on your tax return • Childcare payment records with licensed provider’s ID number(s) • Amount of any alimony payments with ex-spouse SSN
  • Income statements
    • W-2 forms for you and your spouse • 1099-MISC forms for you and your spouse (for any independent contractor work) • 1099-G forms for unemployment income, or state or local tax refunds • SSA-1099 for Social Security benefits received • 1099-R, Form 8606 for payments/distributions from IRAs or retirement plans • 1099-INT, -DIV, -B, or K-1s for investment or interest income • SSA-1099 for Social Security benefits received • Alimony received • Business or farming income – profit/loss statement, capital equipment information • Rental property income and expenses: profit/loss statement, suspended loss information • Prior year installment sale information – Forms 6252, principal and interest collected during the year, SSN and address for payer • Miscellaneous income: jury duty, gambling winnings, Medical Savings Account, scholarships, etc.
  • Adjustments to your income
    • Form 1098-E for student loan interest paid (or loan statements for student loans) • Form 1098-T for tuition paid (or receipts/canceled checks for tuition paid for college) • For teachers: Canceled checks or receipts for expenses paid for classroom supplies, etc. • Records of IRA contributions made during the year • Receipts for any qualifying energy-efficient home improvements (solar, windows, etc.) • Records of Medical Savings Account (MSA) contributions • Self-employed health insurance payment records • Records of moving expenses • Alimony paid • Keogh, SEP, SIMPLE, and other self-employed pension plans
  • Deductions and credits
    • Child care costs: provider’s name, address, tax ID, and amount paid • Education costs: Form 1098-T, education expenses • Adoption costs: SSN of child; records of legal, medical and transportation costs • Forms 1098: Mortgage interest, private mortgage insurance (PMI), and points you paid • Investment interest expenses • Medical and dental expense records • Casualty and theft losses: amount of damage, insurance reimbursements • Records of home business expenses, home size/office size, home expenses • Rental property income/expenses: profit/loss statement, rental property suspended loss • Charitable donations: cash amounts, official charity receipts, canceled checks; value of donated property; miles driven and out-of-pocket expenses • Records/amounts of other miscellaneous tax deductions: union dues; unreimbursed employee expenses (uniforms, supplies, seminars, continuing education, publications, travel, etc.)
  • Taxes you've paid
    • State and local income taxes paid • Real estate taxes paid • Personal property taxes
  • Other information
    • Estimated tax payments made during the year (self-employed) • Prior-year refund applied to current year and/or any amount paid with an extension to file • Foreign bank account information: location, name of bank, account number, peak value of account during the year
bottom of page